Tuesday, September 18, 2007

3rd Revision Floor Plan




This is the latest floor plan drawing. The biggest differences between this plan and older ones are, the 24 bedrooms are all fitted in 2nd floor. Therefore the extra programs, and 3rd floor plan are eliminated, this will allow the penetration of lights to 2nd floor from Northern exposure sunlight. Although, the drawback of this latest plan, is less spacious and less program than the older one, but the new plan is more organize and easy access throughout the building. Anyway, it does make sense to have this simplify plan for the Distance Program Students to have simplify spaces for eat-sleep-work.. Interaction public and private spaces.

4 comments:

Anne McQuown said...

Felix, I think It might be nice to see a simple sketch of built-ins for the dorm rooms, to show how or where suitcases, tv's, etc are stored. I think this is possible, and it will help your argument for the smaller program.

werner said...

Felix, if you use someone elses work, it is the right thing to give credit. Having said this, I'm glad you could use my sketch to add a bit more order to your plan.

F.R. said...

LOL,
I thought it is pretty obvious whose sketches that I posted FIRST on my blog! Yes, the revised plan that I used was under Mr. Werner suggestion to keep my programs down and simplify the plan.

werner said...

Felix, now that you have an easy program – geometry relation ship, I would like you to do a few “scenario-walk-thru”. Imagine you are a student in your building and you are assigned to the third room from the stair in the most westerly bar. Your classes take place in the middle class room. How does your day look like? How do you get around in your building? Aren’t you missing a convenient way to connect from the upper floor to the lower floor (elevator to me is not convenient)? Indicate functions in the empty spaces such as lounges, kitchenettes, dining, studying, library, et cetera.
At the smaller gap on the second floor you are showing a door leaving to nowhere?